04/10/2012

Mary McCartney: This Week I'm...



The photographer on her cultural week ahead


Reading Death and the Penguin by Andry Kurkov, a novel about a writer who adopts a penguin from the local zoo. Suddenly he gets a job writing obituaries and the whole thing turns into a thriller. It’s gripping, intellectual and unlike anything I’ve read before.
Eating at Terre à Terre, a fantastic vegetarian restaurant in Brighton that serves exctiting food and organic wine. terreaterre.co.uk
Watching Comes A Bright Day, a British independent film with a fantastic cast. It’s a love story set within a jewellery heist and although I’m biased – it’s my husband Simon Aboud’s first film – it’s brilliant.
Listening to my iPod on shuffle; a real combination of different genres. As a photographer and cook, I like things that have an energy to them. That can be anything from the Foo Fighters to Etta James to Jay-Z and Kanye West’s album, Watch the Throne.
Visiting The Micheal Hoppen Gallery, which has a very tasteful selection of limited edition photographs. I don’t often get time off from work during the day so when I do, a really good gallery is always my first stop.michaelhoppengallery.com
Escaping to Whitstable to visit friends. Living in the city, I find myself missing beaches and gorgeous views out to the sea. canterbury.co.uk
Buying vintage dresses from The Girl Can’t Help it, a great little vintage shop in Alfie’s Antique Market. It has wonderful pieces from the Thirties, Forties and Fifties. thegirlcanthelpit.com
Drinking at The French House, an old-fashioned pub in Soho where artists like Francis Bacon used to go. frenchhousesoho.com
'Food’ by Mary McCartney, published by Chatto & Windus is out now, £20.
Mary was talking to Francesca Teoh

No comments: