09/10/2010

Ono: 'McCartney saved my marriage'

 
 
 
Ono: 'McCartney saved my marriage'


By WENN.COM

Yoko Ono has credited Paul McCartney with saving her marriage to John Lennon by stepping in to reunite the separated couple.


Lennon and Ono, who married in 1969, went their separate ways in 1973 and had been apart for 18 months when McCartney took it upon himself to intervene.

Marking what would have been Lennon's 70th birthday on Saturday, Ono has revealed it was her husband's songwriting partner who brought them back together again.


Ono recalls, "Paul told me he was going to see John in L.A. He asked what it would take for me to go back to John, and I said, 'Well, maybe if he courted me.'

"I want the world to know that it was a very touching thing that he did for John. He'd heard the rumours that John was in a bad way, in a rough situation, and he was genuinely concerned about his old partner... It was so sweet that he wanted to save John. Sure, they were two macho, very talented guys who had strong opinions, arguments, like most brothers. But when it came to the crux of the matter, when Paul thought John was in dire straights, he helped... John often said he didn't understand why Paul did this for us, but he did.

"John told me later he'd said, 'You want to know how to get Yoko back?'... The fact that John immediately tried to court me, and came back to New York, had some meaning."

From canoe.ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you do that, Paul?!!! XD