24/04/2010

You Can't Beat Wings



From The Sun
ALAN PARTRIDGE knew his music. Who could forget what the cheesy chat host said about WINGS: "The band THE BEATLES could have been."

But the sentiment is gaining serious momentum from heavy duty PAUL McCARTNEY fans.


Winging it ... Paul McCartney and bandmates

The next issue of Q Magazine polls 20 famous Macc-olytes on their favourite Paul track, and surprisingly many chose non-Beatles tunes including a lot from Wings.

TOM MEIGHAN from KASABIAN chose Band On The Run. He said: "This is a monster."
CHRIS MARTIN's choice is Live And Let Die. He said: "As a fan, I love it. As a songwriter, it's something I put on if I'm ever feeling a bit big for my boots."

OZZY OSBOURNE likes Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, MIKA went for Let 'Em In and EZRA KOENIG from VAMPIRE WEEKEND chose Wonderful Christmastime.

Tory leader DAVID CAMERON stuck to Beatles material though, naming The Long And Winding Road as his favourite.

1 comment:

Debjorgo said...

I've narrowed my choices down to Hey Jude, Maybe I'm Amazed (Studio Version), Coming Up (Live - Glasgow), and Get Back. That's four contenders for first place. I have about a thousand contenders for second best.