05/11/2009

JAMES MCCARTNEY AND THE LIGHT






As I stated in an earlier report, James' is going to be one of the performers on Nov. 14 at the fourth annual David Lynch "Change Begins Within" benefit at Maharishi University in Iowa.
Now we have the first band picture (by Mary) and  a statement published by the Examiner

I have been playing music since I was nine and writing along the way. I met my band about a year ago. Producer David Kahne introduced us -- and my dad, Paul, helped."

McCartney says his father played a big role in helping him develop his musical talent. "My dad taught me guitar when I was nine. I play a Fender Stratocaster, which Carl Perkins gave me from the seventies, and a Gibson Les Paul that my dad gave me -- heart red.
"The band consists of me, 32, on guitar, piano, and vocals; Brian Johnson, 28, on drums; Steven Bayley, 32, on guitar, synthesizers, toy piano, and harmonies; and Charles Turner, 27, on bass and harmonies, McCartney states. "I am from London and Sussex, Brian and Charlie are from Allerton, Liverpool, where my dad grew up, and Steve is from Birmingham. Brian and Charlie used to be in the Dead 60s and Steve used to be in The Open
"We are mixing our album in Hog Hill Studio, Sussex. The words on the album refer to spirituality, love, family, trying to sort out one’s own life, and many other things. I have written the songs over a ten-year period,"
"The music was inspired by the Beatles, Nirvana, the Cure, PJ Harvey, Radiohead -- and all good music. It is basically rock ‘n ‘roll, clean sounding, and vocal.

No comments: